Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fair Play

Just so you don't think I'm being mean, I now present you a story that is embarrassing for moi.

Steven, John & I were at the drugstore buying some essentials the other night. John was wandering free, I was meandering behind and Steven was herding us both. I hadn't yet made it home from work yet, so I had my purse and a knapsack. We went to wait in line. John wandered, I waited and Steven hovered. The girl in front of me was taking FOREVER so quite the line was forming behind me. I still waited, John & Steven wandered out into the mall area. Finally, I paid for my two items, declined the plastic bag, shoved both items in my purse and attempted to leave the store. And then the security alarm went off. Le sigh. I turned back, return to the counter, opened my purse and brought out the bottle of pills. The cashier shook his head slightly and said "no, it's most likely the box." All eyes are on me. I shrug. And so I pull out the box of condoms from my purse so he can try and re-scan the box or whatever they do. I attempt a bit of humor. I jest with the cashier..."would you like to announce a price check on the box as well?" I laugh. He returns the box to me and says if the security alarm goes again, just keep walking. I return my box to my purse, zip it shut and leave the store. The security alarm goes off again. I turn around. The cashier waves me off. "Just keep walking" he says.

I told Steven the story and in his mind, that wasn't the funny part. In his mind the funny part is that the bottle of pills were Glucosamine. For joint pain. We bought joint pain pills and condoms. Steven is wondering if the cashier thought we needed to use them together.

No comments:

Lilypie