Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Camping - John Style

Did I mention that we promised John a backyard camp-out?  Crazy, I know.  But the weather was still nice in September and we made good our promise.


An air mattress!  Are you nuts?  Did you really think that I would sleep on the ground?  As if.  But good GOD, the air mattress took up the entire tent.  I told Steven that it would only fit me & John and he & Riley could sleep in the house.

John went to bed first.




Dad helped tuck him in.





 He wanted to tell Ghost Stories.


And then I went to bed.


Riley: "hey guys, whatcha doin'?"
Riley: "outside?  hahaha.  You're kidding, right?"
Riley: "RIGHT?"

And despite being told otherwise, Steven crawled into the tent around midnight.  He woke up me & John and then with the size and air pressure of the air mattress, he moved around and flipped me off the mattress.

I picked up my stuff and went into the house.

Poor Riley.  He was curled up on his pillow with another pillow over him for warmth.  All this was in front of the chiminea.  I swear he was crying when I told him to come into the house with me.

Sadly, I never got alot of sleep.  Stupid drunk neighbour girls.  Stupid teens.  And that's all I'm going to say about them.

The next morning I let Riley out to "do his business" and when I went into the backyard later I noticed that Riley had pooped all over his pillow and in front of the chiminea.  Okay Riley, point taken.

No comments:

Lilypie