Friday, August 19, 2011

Well, Hello Stranger

Well, hello stranger.  Remember me?  Of course I'm assuming that there's still someone out there reading my blog. 

We've been busy.  Shortly after my last post waaaaayy back in mid-June, in a flash of inspiration, we decided to finally tear out the flower beds in the backyard.


Doesn't Steven look sad and pathetic?  Shall I mention that this whole backyard reno was his idea? 
 John is demanding worms.  This from a child who, when he saw a worm, screamed and ran away in fear last year.
 And now, thankfully he wants to play with them.  Fine by me, I guess.
 Trying to remove this plant was living hell.  HORRIBLE.

The Dump. 
Yes, we're so very glamorous.

So our small backyard reno seemed harmless.  We wanted to remove the back flower beds, trellis and plant.  We also wanted to replace the wooden steps because the wood was rotting.
sounds simple, no?

And then Steven started talking with people who filled his head with ideas.
IDEAS, people.  The Devil's handiwork.

We worked every day, digging dirt.  Oh wait, have I mentioned that because we do not have a back gate that we had to shovel the dirt into the wheelbarrow, take the wheelbarrow through the garage, into the alley.  THEN we had to shovel the dirt from the wheelbarrow into the back of a truck.  Back breaking work.  Good thing John's such a hard worker.

And so is Darrin!
Isn't my little guy adorable?
He's such a muppet.

Seriously, John is a HARD WORKER!

No comments:

Lilypie