Sunday, November 28, 2010

The November Blues

November will forever be a difficult month for me.

The Gathering
You can shed tears that I have gone,
or you can smile because I have lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that I'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all I have left.
Your heart can by empty, because you can't see me,
or you can be full of the love we shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember me and only that I've gone,
or you can cherish my memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back,
or you can do what I'd want:
Smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
Author Unknown

This poem was read when I attended group therapy. The gal that read this had also lost her mother and was struggling with unanswered questions, the hopelessness and the utter heartbreak.

I still have highs and lows. Thankfully the highs are becoming more frequent but the blues are still there. I doubt if they will ever go away completely.

I still feel like I am that woman that lost both her parents within a year of each other.
Sometimes I still feel like I am adrift in the world.
Like the world is moving forward without me.
Like I am constantly struggling to keep up with life.
Like everyone has forgotten me.

No comments:

Lilypie