Monday, September 14, 2009

What?!?!?! He's Chinese?

I was just talking with Dawna and she reminded me of how stupid we are.

Ever since I can remember Jimmy Lee has always been around the family. I thought he was related to us. I thought his name was Jimmy Lee like southerners name their kids Billy Ray or Bobbie Sue. BUT I discovered a couple years ago that not only was Jimmy Lee NOT related to us, he was simply really good friends with my uncle, but he was also NOT even Japanese. Jimmy Lee was Chinese. And his first name wasn't actually Jimmy Lee but just Jimmy.

As if that's not funny enough that I can't even tell who is a part of my family and my own ethnicity but I'm not the only one. Apparently Dawna was under the same delusion.

We told my uncle about it and he laughed and laughed at us.

But really don't blame me. EVERYONE calls him Jimmy Lee.

No comments:

Lilypie