Sunday, September 13, 2009

Give Me A Sign

So this weekend marks one year that my mom had a stroke. I debated whether or not to acknowledge this life changing milestone, I admitted that no matter what it would be foremost in my thoughts. So I went home this weekend. Just me.

I ended up having a lovely weekend with family and friends. I ate and drank my way across town and shared many laughs and some tears.

Today I visited the cemetery to chat with mom and I wondered if she indeed was still looking out for me. Over all of us. In my heart I feel that she is but I asked her. I asked her to give me a sign. On my drive back to Cindy's, just around the corner from the house...I was pulled over by the police. Just as a precaution because my one of my back taillight/brake lights was burnt out. He wanted to let me know so I could be careful and to watch out for myself.

So Mr. Police Man. I am sorry for breaking down in tears after you walked up to my car but I'm going to take it as mom's sign that yes, indeed she is still keeping watch over me. And thank you Mr. Police Man for asking if I was okay and despite all the tears, it was a peaceful experience.

1 comment:

TLC said...

As I read this, tears are pouring down my cheeks, but I am also smiling. How wonderful to receive such a sign.

Lilypie