Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Playground

On the first night that Dawna came to visit, we decided to take a drive to the park after supper. Steven thought that we'd try the parks that he usually bikes over to, which is two communities over. But since it was evening, both parks were super busy with families and some kids from the nearby soccer games. Then we thought about the school that's up the street from our house. And wondered if there might be a park there. So on the way home, we pulled off to check. And sure enough, there's a park specifically geared for little kids. It's fenced in with a latched gate. A park at the school that's RIGHT UP THE STREET. Yes, less than a block away. LESS THAN. We've lived in this house for almost 10 years and this school has been here for at least 5 years. When I was on maternity leave I walked by this school about 2-3 times per week on my walks to the lake. I swear, I've never seen this park before. Welcome to the neighborhood!




Preparing Dawna for Stampede. This is how we kick it.

I'm not sure if she lasted the full 8 seconds or not.


This park is great. The slides aren't very steep. The equipment is mostly rubber for safety.





John was so adorable. He's been on similar things at different parks but the "toys" were so much bigger. This one his feet could actually reach the posts.

And then he started to lean to one side.


And lean some more.

But he managed to climb off by himself.

Mom & John
I thought I might pull a Homer Simpson and get my fat ass stuck on the slide.

But we were fine.



Safe & sound at the bottom.

Steven, showing us how it's done.

I think we were all a bit worried that he might lean too far forward and snap the squirrel off.


No comments:

Lilypie