Friday, July 3, 2009

Parade Day

Howdy Partner! I am riding the train on my way to the parade.

We bought seats. And the usher was awesome to us. He said we could switch seats (originally we had row 5) because we had a toddler. For these bleacher seats, you had to be there before 8:30am otherwise the company couldn't guarantee seating. Because I'm a planner, we got there around 8am, as you can see before almost anyone else in the bleachers. And holy shit, it was COLD.



I'm not sure it was the wisest move letting him get a balloon sword.
He kept moving and whacking people with it.

Hiding behind the cowboy hat. It's a scary, scary ostrich-man.

Dawna & John looking for some sunshine.

It's a sword. No, it's a cup holder!
Balloon shapes, so versatile.

Yahoo! (finally)
And right about now, the guy who had row 1 showed up and was an absolute jerk to us. So we moved. And then the usher came and said that he'd make the jerk move but we declined.

Mike Holmes. How cool is he?

Working dogs.
Watch out pseudo-sheep!

He's having so much fun. (but it's still early!)

I love that even the street cleaners are part of the parade.

I fully expected to have nightmares about this guy. He was part of a band from Taiwan. But seriously, look at him. SCARY.

Who doesn't like the little horses?

I wish I could have stood up and applauded our military.
(But I was too scared of falling backwards off of the bleachers.)
I think no matter where you stand or what you believe in, if someone is willing to lay down their life to keep me safe then they deserve ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they need to let them DO THEIR JOBS. While I may not agree with world events or understand our country's position, I fully support our troops.






How can you not love these street cleaners?Little itty bitty horses. Awesome.

Okay Daddy, enough of this parade business. Must keep moving.
Parade? What parade. Look at this empty office.

Plus 15 walkway.
Shriners. 'nuf said.

Street cleaners!
Alright Mommy. It's your turn to walk with me.




On the way home.

No comments:

Lilypie