Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Two Years Old

One Minute Old.

One Year Old.

Two Years Old!

John is two years old today. He is growing up so fast that every time I look at him I see a little boy and not my little baby anymore. That part makes me very very sad. You should see the expressions on his face, he's so easy to read. And the tiny sounds that he makes. In surprise, in wonderment, in amazement, in confusion, in frustration. Although, after speaking with Dawna and Steven, apparently I make the same noises so..no real surprise there. He's still chattering up a storm and more and more there are actual words! He can point out different body parts on himself and on you. He can shout out Riley and make his name into a complete sentence. He yells Daddy. But not Mommy. :( He knows how to say Mommy, just not sure why he doesn't. Sometimes he calls me Daddy. He runs so fast into you and that tries to stick his head between your knees as you walk and he'll laugh and laugh. He grabs onto your hand and pulls you with him on whatever little adventure he wants. He sits on his couch and eats his bedtime snack and watches 5-10 minutes of The Big Comfy Couch. He LOVES Elmo still. I mean LOVES Elmo. (Mowmo) He can turn the lights on but only the kitchen light off since it's accessible by stairs. He can climb up/down stairs but still needs assistance. He loves opening and shutting doors. He knows that Daddy has the remote control. He freaks out when the phone rings and will chatter away until you hand the phone to him and then he stops talking completely.

He's a charmer. He's a loving boy. He's calm, even tempered and laid back. We've been very blessed to have him enter our lives. I love him so much, he is the light of my life.

No comments:

Lilypie