Sunday, June 28, 2009

Birthday Party

Did I ever mention that I was testing out different cupcakes during the weeks leading up to the party? Stupid, I know. A waste of time, I know. But since we weren't doing a store bought cake, I thought that I'd at least put a little effort into it by making cupcakes from scratch. I ended up making the almond cupcakes (pictured below) and double chocolate cupcakes. Both very yummy and super easy. My favorite part? The butter icing. Drool....


See his blue birthday boy party hat? Yeh, I saved it from last year and I will faithfully trot out this hat until he's well into his 30's. It will probably only have one sparkle and one feathery thing left. And instead of reading "Birthday Boy", it will eventually only read "..i d y o". Sadly he didn't want to wear the Birthday Boy hat. Although, he didn't really want to wear this hat very long either.


But oddly enough, Riley was okay with the hat. I eventually asked my sister to take the hat off before he got caught on the trees. I love my dog, he's so funny.

Blowing his two candles out. Candles which took me FOREVER to find. Though I'd have to stick a tealight on there and get him to blow it out.


Look how freaking skinny his arms are. I can't believe how skinny his arms are.


Blue icing!



And even though I specifically SAID no gifts...




He's a walking advertisement for Old Navy.


Thank you to everyone for coming out and sharing John's birthday with us. Seriously, next year no gifts! Maybe I'll just give everyone his RESP account number! This is one little boy that has too many toys! Ever gotten whacked by a plastic golf club? Hurts. Alot.

No comments:

Lilypie