Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Sickly Timeline - Part Two

I forgot to mention a couple of things. Because I did not get Steven a slurpee he called Shawn who agreed to pick one up and deliver it on his way home from work. What a nice friend. I told Steven that if it made his stomach hurt that I didn't want to hear him complain about it. Another thing I neglected to mention is that Riley is the only one of us that is not sick. Thank God. I don't think I could have managed running to let him outside at the same time.

Saturday
4:45am - I am awakened with sharp chest pains. I am frightened so I lay there in the dark willing them to go away. Then I realize that I have slept thru the night without getting up to go to the bathroom. Am amazed and frightened at the same time. I have intermittent chest pains. Am unable to fall back asleep.
8:00am - John is crying. Wailing. I am very weak as I stagger upstairs. John is mad. He thrashes throughout his diaper change and does not want to turn off his nightlight. This is his task and he usually enjoys it. I think he's hungry. We go downstairs to make some breakfast. He has more pedialite and eats his piece of dry toast on the couch curled up beside me in the living room. It takes him an hour but he eats the toast.
9:45am - Chest pains still there. Am still worried. I finally succeed in getting Steven to get rid of his puke bucket. He tries to get me to do it but am having NO PART of that. Now I can finally shower as Number 1, I smell and am dire need of a shower and Number 2, I have an appointment at my bank at 1100am.
10:45am - leave the house. Am sweating bullets again. Am still having chest pains. Am still worried, may upgrade to scared.
11:00am - 12:00pm - have bank appointment, pick up some groceries so we can survive, get a movie, buy the office lottery ticket. AM EXHAUSTED.

My poor son. When I left the house he was crying at the babygate. Apparently he fell asleep there shortly after and when he woke up, he stood up raised his arms and said "mama", and then I came home.

So by this time I think aside from the chest pains and pure physical exhaustion I am doing okay. I'm thinking that "it's all good and uphill from here." Today we are allowed bland foods and I have rice cooking at home, I've picked up some chicken, bananas and apple sauce and more pedialite for John. After lunch I lay on the sofabed with John and as he bounces on my tummy, I think "oh no". I launch him into his playpen and run for the bathroom. Heaven help me, it's not over yet.

I laid on the sofabed off and on for the remainder of the day. John periodically joined me. My chest pains also periodically joined me. Steven's complaining about his symptons also periodically joined me.

At bedtime, the chest pains got worse before I fell asleep. I was really scared.

Today, thankfully my chest pains have disappeared. I think perhaps my poor heart was strained from the lack of nutrients and extra strain from all the non-voluntary purging. I did shovel this morning and while I didn't have a heart attack, I did sweat alot. John's still not eating well and still has a bit of diarrhea, Steven's been complaining that he's "so hungry" and has wicked cramps. I'm okay. I survived. That's it.

No comments:

Lilypie