Wednesday, December 24, 2008

One More Sleep

Amazing. It's Christmas eve and rather than getting all teary eyed and sappy with this post, I will simply sit and wonder where the time went. How did Christmas sneak up on me? I'm really looking forward to opening gifts with John tomorrow morning. We read Twas the Night Before Christmas. We put out cookies and tea for Santa because ..ahem.. Santa is lactose intolerant and we wouldn't want a gassy Santa, would we? John is nestled in his bed. Steven is out visiting friends down the block. Riley is most likely nestled in our bed...where he shouldn't be. And me? Well, I'm trying to think of happy thoughts and am trying to watch It's a Wonderful Life.

I put up two trees this year. Our regular one, which btw is on its last legs and I'm thinking perhaps we should purchase another one, for the family room. And a tiny, John-sized one for the living room. One that he can look at every day but is out of reach. Then I thought, I will take a photo of the tiny tree with John & Riley and they will look like GIANTS. John was having none of that nonsense. And Riley? Well, Riley is a good boy. And he posed quite nicely.

And then his tail knocked down the poor tiny tree.


I also tried to take a photo of them by the regular tree. John sat in my lap.


Riley as per usual, struck a pose. Because he's a good boy!



So then I gave up and tried a different angle.








Be good everyone because....
Santa sees you when you're sleeping!

No comments:

Lilypie