Saturday, March 22, 2008

Still Packing

I've been packing our suitcases for the past...well, actually packing for a couple of hours. Thinking about packing? A couple of weeks. I told Steven yesterday that I was not going to pack for him. No sir. Absolutely not. I have enough to do without worrying about what he might want while we're gone. I'm not his mother. Did I mention that he got mad at me the other day because I refused to help him pick out underwear to buy? Normally I would be all over it, helping him with the decision and whatnot but I've decided to step back and make him take over some things. I mean, seriously... his underwear? Don't you think that I have enough on my plate? And really, it's not about me having (or wanting) all the control, it's more about each of us taking on equal responsibilities. I refuse to let myself get burnt out doing everything and not doing anything for myself.


Oh yeah, I'm packing because we're headed out to visit Helen, Steven's mom. Because I don't really want to divulge to potential stalkers strangers where we're going I won't tell you but really, anyone reading this probably knows anyway. Alright then, we're flying out tomorrow and I'm really nervous because 1. we're flying with a baby 2. this baby is sick 3. the flight is sold out. ARGH! He woke up the other day with a little snot and coughing and this morning he's all raspy like a pack-a-day smoker. Blech. I even called the health line to try & get an after hours appointment with my doctor's network but they never called me back. CRAP. Hopefully they'll let us board the flight because apparently they can turn us away if he's too sick. Oh, perhaps I should be hoping & praying that he wakes up healthy. Yeh, that's what I meant.

So to sum up... pray that he wakes up healthy. Pray that both Steven & I wake up healthy. (and stay healthy). Pray that we have a safe flight & journey. Pray that my mom is safe while she watches our house and puppy. Pray that the weather is nice. Pray that I win the lottery so I don't have to return to work. Pray that we get world peace. Pray for the children because really, it's all about the children isn't it? And should you take offense to the mention of religion, simply take the word "pray", shove it up your butt, and replace it with "hope". I mean, I don't want to offend anyone.

No comments:

Lilypie