Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sleepless...

I hate when I can't sleep. All I can think about is how tired I'll be in the morning and count the hours of sleep that I could be getting. Sucks. Thank goodness for the Internet and all its wonders.

There are so many things I could tell you.

I could tell you that Steven woke up mad at me again because apparently someone asked to see my new ring (my beautiful, shiny, new wedding ring) and I whipped up my shirt and showed them my nipple ring. Oh, did I mention that it was in his dream? Yes, HIS DREAM. That man has got to stop holding grudges against "real Lori" for what "dream Lori" has been doing.

I could tell you that after bitching and complaining about how difficult it has been to get John in & out of his car seat (for the last month or so), I just realized today that the shoulder straps could move up one more notch. (BAD, mommy!)

I could also tell you that my mom is coming tomorrow afternoon and I haven't cleaned at all. Not one little bit. I'm such a slob.

I could also tell you that in the middle of the night I woke up to go to the bathroom, shut the bedroom door so I wouldn't wake up Steven, then when I was finished my business I shut the bathroom light off before opening the bathroom door so I wouldn't wake up the baby and then I walked smack into our bedroom door, causing a big thud (because really, have you seen the size of my head?) and the door to swing open, hit the wall and Riley's collar to jangle? (because of course, earlier in the evening I had put Rye's collar on the doorknob because it's much too loud in the middle of the night?) I'm so friggin' sneaky. Too bad it ALL backfired on me & John woke up and cried.

I've been thinking about going to playdates or other baby-relating outings. It's so nerve wracking. Will they like me? Will anyone talk to me? Will they notice that I'm sweating more than the average person? Because I'm still so overweight I sweat alot. I also sweat when I'm nervous. It's horrible. I do have the sinking feeling that I am the odd duck. I mean, I know I'm a fairly nice person and once you get to know me, I'm hilarious. Really, I AM, in a warped kind of way. But I'm also fairly shy and because I have a background in sales I can "talk the talk" but it's pretty superficial unless I feel really comfortable with someone. There are still family members who don't know me well at all. Or the worst scenario is getting stuck talking to the other weird person at the playdate. Maybe that's my lot in life. Sometimes I hate going to all these new things and sometimes I love going to all these new playdates. As much as it stressed me out, I'm going to miss going to playdates when I return to work.

I should probably mention that the above mentioned nipple ring only exists in Steven's dream!

No comments:

Lilypie