Friday, February 29, 2008

Eight Months Old



I just realized that he's closer to a year old than to a baby. And that makes me just a little bit sad. John is sitting up now. You have to put him in the sitting position and if he tips over he can't get back up again but he can sit. He tries to sit up, you can see him using his little tummy muscles to maneouver back but he just can't get back up.


He also says "dada". Well, it's more like "dadadadada" but it's good enough for Steven. He also glosses over the fact that John also called the spoon "dada".


John reaches for me now. It's the cutest thing ever. Those chubby little arms reaching up to me so I can lift him up. (which I do far too often) He's doing quite well at bedtime now. Generally he goes to sleep between 830-900pm and he'll sleep thru to between 530-630am. And I'll nurse him and he'll generally doze again untl between 830-900am.

Oh, and he's rolling too. He's a rolling FOOL. I can't get over how fast such a little person can move by simply rolling around. Poor Riley.


I just can't describe all the new things that he's doing or how incredible it is to be a mom. I know it's nothing new or amazing to other people but to us he's simply amazing.

No comments:

Lilypie