Sunday, September 30, 2007

Three Months Old

I can't believe how fast the days are going by. Every day is amazing... tiring... frustrating... but always amazing. I look down at his tiny little feet, his tiny little fingers and think that he grew inside of me. Truly a miracle. Steven & I made him. WE made him together. I'm just in awe of nature.

He can be crying one second and laughing he next. Steven can make him laugh more than me. He knows us and he knows Riley. He still gets the rash on his cheeks but his scalp is clearing up quite nicely. His nails grow at an alarming rate, I always feel badly when I've missed cutting his nails and there's a new scratch on his face. For the most part, he loves being in the truck and 90 percent of the time he'll fall asleep if the trip is longer than 10 minutes. Lately he's been falling asleep around 11pm and sleeping thru until 630am. This past week he's been cranky every single day. We're not sure why. The doctor thinks he may have started teething (he's drooling, gumming, rubbing his head back and forth, crying, cranky, pooping less) but we thought that he was too young. He doesn't usually wake up crying anymore, he's usually talking, cooing and you can hear him smacking or sucking. It's cute. Way cuter (and easier) to wake up to than being jolted awake by the wailing. I can't believe how fast he's growing. There are tons of outfits that he's never had the chance to wear because he just grew too big before he wore them. He's becoming "my little man". The expressions on his face are awesome, you can tell that he's thinking... what about, I'm not sure. He's started to mimic. Steven will stick out his tongue and so will JT. Steven & I have realized that we don't know any kids songs... at least not all the words! We've been putting socks on his hands, not because of the scratching but because he flings his arms out when he sleeps and they aren't covered so his little hands get too cold and I feel bad. Sometimes he sleeps in our bed...not the entire night but in the morning if he wakes up too early and won't go back to sleep in his crib, then I'll nurse him a bit in our bed and lay him down and he falls asleep for a couple more hours. (Steven's usually up and gone to work by then) And he's got the poo-nami's. (think: tsunami, and you'll get the idea!) Since he's been pooping less, when he does poop, whoa nelly watch out! A friend, Lori, coined the phrase poo-nami; although Steven has totally claimed it as his own! I love when JT falls asleep on my shoulder, there's nothing more calming than the sleeping baby. Also
he's like a little heating pad! I can't tell you how much I love him. My son.

No comments:

Lilypie