Monday, September 17, 2007

Random Things

My mom & sister came up yesterday & today... which is why I've been able to update! When we got home from Church yesterday, they were already in the house; I fed JT and then... AND THEN... I went to the movies. Alone. You have no idea how excited I was to get out by myself and do something just for me. This is only the second time I've been able to do something just for me... long overdue. I went to see Balls of Fury. Meh, it was funny but given the choice I would have rather seen the HP movie. Too bad the two theatres that were showing it were 1/2 way across the city in different directions, it would have taken me at least 40 minutes to get TO the theatre. Oh well, maybe another day.

You may have noticed the baby's name. Yep, am testing out the waters with "JT" instead of John. I had a conversation with Keiko, my cousin, and she pointed out that in years to come no-one will care that "JT" is Justin Timberlake. (OH JEN, I know YOU will always care) I'm totally feeling the name JT, at the beginning it didn't really flow off the tongue but now it seems right. We should probably decide soon... we'll keep you posted.

JT had his first set of vaccinations last week. The needles themselves (3 in total) went well. Steven held his legs while I held him. He cried but not overly so, and calmed down right away and fell asleep in the truck on the way home. But HOLY CRAP. That night was horrible. He screamed. He didn't just cry but he SCREAMED. And Steven was working that night so it was just me & Riley on duty. JT didn't want to be put down, he preferred being rocked and walked. So I did. Then I realized that he had a fever, so off came his clothes and out came the cold washcloth to be dabbed on his skin. I gave him some baby Tyl3nol and walked and rocked and dabbed. Oh and throw in the multiple nursing episodes. It was a difficult and painful evening but then around 1am something happened... his fever must have subsided or something but he settled in on the bed and fell asleep. This was also the first time EVER that he's slept in our bed but by that time I was so exhausted that it seemed a better choice. Anyway, he slept until around 630am... actually I woke up around 330am and couldn't tell if he was breathing so I started poking him and he stirred. So we survived the vaccinations...barely!



I am 13.7 pounds. I am in the 95 percentile for weight.

I am 23.5 inches. I am in the 50 percentile for height.

No comments:

Lilypie