Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!


I need to start this poem, I need to sit down and write

The cards all need to be finished and mailed out tonight

I waited so long, I am right at the wire

All these task on my to-do list. I am getting so tired

Overall, this past year has not been all that bad

I’ve been working my way through all that was sad

The loss and the grief, my recovery has been okay

I guess right now, that is all I am going to say

Steven’s still home with John, he’s a great stay at home dad

Every night John asks if “I go work in morning” and that makes me sad

I’m still working at xxxxxx; they treat us all really well

Our set up works for us, it’s good, John is thriving I can tell

John has been to see the Roughnecks and also the Flames

We have been fortunate to get tickets to a couple of games

It’s not all fun and games in our house, dad has taught the ABC’s

And counting and manners, he knows thank you and please

For the past couple years, we’ve talked about camping and tenting

We’ve looked into trailers and RV’s, the facts on buying or renting

Steven has wanted to sit by a fire with beer

and show John & Riley some wildlife like deer

We rented a cabin for a long weekend in May

The peace & quiet was a theme for our stay

And then this past summer, we rented a house in Canmore

Three decks and a hot tub, it was all you could ask for

Cindy, Dawna and Whitey joined us four for a week

It was nice for all of us to be together and speak

Later in summer, Steven & I went to New York

I had some meeting with xxxxx but it was not all work

The theatre, the subway, Times Square and the shops

The Statue, Ellis Island, Chinatown…it was five days non-stop.

It has been a whole year since my dad passed away

And for my mom it has been two years, 1 week and a day

At times, it just seems like a lifetime has gone by

Yet at other times it feels like a blink of an eye

These past couple of years have taught me a lot

All the good things in your life just cannot be bought

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!



No comments:

Lilypie