Saturday, February 28, 2009

20 months

The computer has been gone for the past week. GONE. It was terrible. And if I thought it was terrible, considering that I work for the entire day and have access to a computer, then think of how poor Steven was cut off from the world. Poor, deprived Steven. And I'm not even sure if the computer is completely fixed. I brought it home and it pooped out again. So I downloaded Firefox instead and it's working fine. IE you may just be the death of me.

Not a lot has been happening this past week. We've almost finished the living room. I did some paint touch ups today and holy crap. The more you examine a section, the more you see wrong. Damn it. And to top it off, one of the touch ups looks worse than before. What am I supposed to do? It's too friggin low to hang a picture over it. Maybe I'll strategically place some stuffed animals and cozys on the top of the couch to camouflage the area.

And now on to more important things. My baby. He is growing up.
Ever since he turned one, I always feel like a tool for saying xx months. But there you go. He's 20 months. I have a toddler. NOT a baby. He's closer to two years old than one year old. He's a hugger. You ask for a hug and those tiny arms and hands wrap tightly around your neck and it is the sweetest feeling in the world. And he's a kisser. Although, a bit of a messy kisser. And at times an open mouth, tongue licking, sucking on your nose or cheek kind of kisser. It's definitely a learned talent as opposed to an inherent one.

He loves his food. For such a tiny guy, he's got quite an appetite. He is also quite particular in his eating habits. He likes to feed himself, thank you very much. If you try and feed him, he swings his arms back and forth like an umpire calling an out at home plate. He also likes to throw his dishes and cutlery to the floor to signify that he's done eating that particular food. We're trying to dissuade him from this behaviour as I'm sure it won't go over well at friends and public places.

He still feeds Riley some of his meals and he always shares his bedtime snacks. (we usually have fruit before bed)

He chatters incessantly but still not clearly. He can say drink, juice, cheese, "Where is it?", Riley, daddy, mommy, Jello, bathtime, naptime, dinnertime (but as my sister Cindy says it all sounds the same). He loves Elmo and Sesame Street (but really, who doesn't). He loves loves LOVES jello and tater tots and fruit.

John loves walking. And he loves the ladies. It's kind of embarrassing actually. We'll be out walking somewhere and he'll slow down and look at a girl . Then he'll stop and watch her. And then he'll follow her. What a charmer. And possibly potential stalker. Whatever.

I don't know how much he weighs nor do I know how tall he is. I do know that he is growing unbelievably fast and he's at least 1/2 my height now. I'm a bit worried that he's going to be taller than me sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Lilypie