Monday, September 8, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

We went to Beaners to get John's first haircut. FIRST HAIRCUT. I've been putting it off and off because I just couldn't bear the thought of cutting my baby's hair. And then Steven was all "why are we going to a salon, can't we do it ourselves?" and "why don't you just get it done on the weekend when I'm camping?". Until I told him my reasons. It's the first haircut, I think it's sort of a big deal. It's very sentimental and it's a milestone. So after I explained all this, he thought that perhaps he'd like to be there too.

I thought maybe he'd get to sit in the car, since he kept on walking up the car and touching it... the BARBIE car. And then maybe, just maybe I could also see Steven's head explode. But he was too little for the cars.

So he got to sit in the driver's chair.

And while he did not cry, he wasn't exactly jumping for joy to have a
stranger touch his hair, head and wield some shiny sharp things
around him. (that he wasn't allowed to touch!)
Pushing the hair dresser away.
Very displeased with this whole "hair-cutting" thing.

Being distracted by Elmo and Spiderman.


Look at him. He looks like a little boy. It makes me all teary.

So happy, that's it is all done. He's such a happy little fellow.

No comments:

Lilypie