Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Birthday Party

It was so nice for John's birthday party. We had many friends and family come and share the day with us and celebrate. The running joke was that the invitation was 1:00pm - 4:00pm and if you were still at my house at 4:01pm there would be hell to pay. But do you know what? I don't really think it was rude to state times on the invite, I don't care what some people say. If you don't have an end time that is your perogative but we chose (or rather) I chose to have an end time because I just did not want a never-ending party. I'm sorry if that offended some people but you can't please everyone all the time. Phew, done my rant. All in all it was a good day, a bit (okay, ALOT) stressful but it was my baby's first birthday party.

The cake was awesome. We got it at the local Co-op.



The birthday boy was adorable. I really didn't think he'd wear the hat but I think because there were so many other distractions, he didn't care.

He loved the cake. Although, technically this was his second birthday cake. We had a mini birthday party at the beginning of the month with Shawn, Marilyn, Russ & Lib because they weren't able to attend this party. On a side note, the cake icing stained his skin for a bit. Good thing I changed from my white shirt into a black one!

And well, this picture is fairly self explanatory. I mean... c'mon it was all Steven.

If you can't read his shirt, keep scrolling down.
And that's how we like to party.


John absolutely LOVED the tool bench that Darrin got him. And I feel badly about making everyone sit thru the opening of the gifts but it's a necessary evil at a kid's birthday party. On one hand it's cute but then on the other hand it's probably as much fun as watching paint dry. But I thank everyone for all the wonderful gifts and all the love and attention.


Did I mention that my dad came to town for TWO days so he could be at John's birthday party? That is a BIG DEAL. And I know some of you don't (or won't) appreciate this fact, but it is incredible that he wanted to come to the party.

No comments:

Lilypie