Saturday, May 10, 2008

Say Good Bye to the Girls

Auf Wiedersehn. Sayonara. Hasta Luego. Au Revoir. Ciao. Buh-Bye.

We're done breastfeeding. Done. And it wasn't my choice or decision. It was John's. It makes me a bit sad. Okay, really sad. I cried the first night. Initially I thought it might be a one-off due to a cranky night or a stuffy nose but it's been over 4 days now. It surprised me by how emotional breastfeeding could be. It was difficult enough when I cut back to once/day when I started work but that couldn't be helped. I was telling Steven that it was surprising how it was John that decided to stop. And he made me laugh.

Steven: "what did you want? Did you think John was going to take you to dinner and tell you then? Out to a public place so you couldn't make a scene?"

He's so funny.

On a positive note, I can drink and now I can finally take some cold medication. Oh how I long for Nyquil.

No comments:

Lilypie