Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Oh how the times have changed. At times it seems like it was just yesterday that John was born. But then at the same time it seems like John has always been with us, I can't remember the time before John.


First Birthday. Such a baby. Look at those chubby arms and chubby, chubby legs. He wasn't walking yet but cruising along on furniture. I had to remind myself not to hurry him along and he'd walk when he was ready.

Such a great picture. Sometimes I wish I could transport back and capture the moment and done more things. Had more memories for John. Bittersweet I suppose. I'm glad that my parents were still alive when their grandchild (only) was born. I'm glad they were able to share in the first 2 years of his life. But I wouldn't be human if I didn't think "What if".

What if my mom was still alive? What if I would have had a baby sooner? What if I had more children? What if she would have spent more time with him? What if we would have moved back? What if. What if. What if.

I think I'll always be a little sad when I remember mom.

Birthday Number TWO!

No longer baby looking but toddler-ish. Look at the hair, no more chubby baby arms. Walking, running and the ability to swing deceptively harmful plastic golf clubs.

Here's my boy. Birthday Number THREE!

Not that this is how we celebrated his birthday. Yeah, that's our idea of a party. What little boy doesn't enjoy running around naked and peeing outside?



Birthday boy. Look at how much he's grown. This is after his haircut and they put gel in his hair. Not sure why but no matter what I do, I can't spike his hair like this again. :( Also, he cries when I try and gel his hair, he thinks it's not "cool". Although looking at us, John's probably got more fashion sense than both Steven & I combined.


Posing for the new camera. Yes that's right, I bought a camcorder. Picture quality isn't great but video quality is outstanding. I can't believe that it's taken me this long to buy one. Really should have bought one right after John was born. Just imagine how much I could have recorded!He's such a thinker.

Couldn't you just smother him with kisses?


John is three years old today. THREE years old. Can you even believe how fast the time has gone by? He's a walking, talking (sort of his own language), busy, energetic, smart little boy. Sometimes I stop and watch him while he plays and I can only imagine what is going on in his head. He's very creative and can create these incredible play scenarios. I wonder how much is environmental and how much is simply genetically hard-wired into this brain.


No comments:

Lilypie